BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
needs a proper photoshoot..
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've been searching for a s/c lately for my 325ci, did a search throughout the forum to check on some dyno results and to my surprise, the power output doesn't seem to impress me much for spending 6 to 7 thousand and people still saying a 330 could still pretty much keep up. I'm not raggin on the 325 or nutting i mean i do drive one myself but i guess its not cut out for speed? Let alone i got to spend so much money. Guess i'll just stick with looks huh.....and the reason why i'm thinking of getting one is because i live in southern california, land of the rice rockets, i mean some of them are cool, looks nice and all but some of them just thinks they are bad a$$, trying to smoke me and rev all over me, guess i just want to have a bit more power just to show them wuts up time to time. So what do u guys think? Just spend the extra 6k on appearance mods?

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
try these things they will help a little

and won't set you back that much

gruppe m air intake
softwear for your car
and this thing is alittle costly but will help you the most a higher
rear end gear for off the line starts. will make your car go faster from 0 to 60

perf. exhaust system to

but the first 2 things are not that costly. very perf mod for bmw is costly sorry to say.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Banned
7,611 Posts
yea i was thinking the same thing.. SC my car in a year or so..
but from what i see right now. it dosn't seem worth it at all.
def not worth. i guess 325ci are not made speed huh :(:(

well what about a turbo kit? maybe someone will come out with a turbo kit. but if a turbo comes out. would it be faster then SC? or no?

·
-not a mod-
21,156 Posts
Check the For Sale thread there are some for sale...probably cheaper then brand new..then youll have some left over for exterior stuff.

·
Banned
2,055 Posts
Time to sell your car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was about to do the SC too - I was even considering buying a salvaged 2001 m5 engine, but then i thought twice. It would be nice to have a faster car, or trade in for the latest and greatest, but what would I have to show for it? I don't street race or track my car so it would cost an impractical amount of money to get to the next red light a second sooner. A newer model will inevetably be slower than the generation that comes after it. So I decided to just be happy with what i had and spent a little money on a/v mods instead so at least I can enjoy some good music :)

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
932 Posts
Honest opinion, its not worth it for a 325. Granted you'd beat the ricers but you'd get beat by a lot of others. Just trade in or be happy that your car has got great BMW style.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Go w/ motor work. My 325is racecar makes 200 rwhp and is all motor. It isnt even fully built b.c of rules and regulations for its class.

·
needs a proper photoshoot..
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank god i'm not the only one that feels this way, but yea a turbo doesn't sonud that bad since i didnt find a thread on the forum w/ a 330 that was pushing 317 i believe to the wheels, but then i dont think i could afford to maintain the motor. AV red1 does have a point, let alone if i pay 6g's just to try to smoke a ricer, i probably wont even be able to beat most germans on the road. I mean dont get me wrong i love my bmw, but sometimes having some extra hp/tq to back up your ride ain't bad right? But thinkin about it more, i'll probably just go with some simple engine mods like bobm3 & ///M3Matt mentioned. That should be fine, dont need to be no speed freak i guess but i got to spend the 6g's on something, maybe i'll look into another set of rims...

sheefo2k - yea i was thinking of turbo also like i mentioned earlier, i'm sure it would be stronger than an s/c but probably harder to maintain plus i'm sure it would be costly, maybe you can try it out for us when one comes out? :D

·
Like school on a Sunday...
785 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread:
///M3Matt - how did you get your car up to 200 RWHP???

·
Registered
48 Posts
What have the times (0-60, 1320) for the supercharged cars?

·
P.I.M.P.
2,471 Posts
You can flame all you want, but i think superchargers in general suck. They subtract power before they add it(they have to be driven by a belt). Turbo all the way!!! BTW it is a myth that turbos are less reliable than S/C. If you know how to maintain them, you wont have problems. (turbo timer for cooling the turbo, keeping it at a recomended boost lvl,etc....)

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
He and his said:
i thihnk its only worth it for the 330 peeps...........325's get no love:D
agreed, granted i also will stand by what i said in the past

if i wanted to do a SC/Turbo to my car, I woulda got an e36 M3 in the first place...

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,690 Posts
Doent someone on this forum have a turbo 330? And I've seen some threads about a company making a turbo for 325/330. I have looked at their site a couple of times.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
K-DOG said:
You can flame all you want, but i think superchargers in general suck. They subtract power before they add it(they have to be driven by a belt). Turbo all the way!!! BTW it is a myth that turbos are less reliable than S/C. If you know how to maintain them, you wont have problems. (turbo timer for cooling the turbo, keeping it at a recomended boost lvl,etc....)
:werd: but right now it seems like S/C is the only option for 325s.

I feel the same way like my car is just too damn slow sometimes, even though its pretty quick and it handles great, and is beautiful. I figure by the time I have the 4 more grand i need to get F/I there will hopefully be a turbo kit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts