E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 330 Ci
3,149 Posts
Electric seat bits usually don't cost too much.

I've taken seats apart before and replaced motors, gears, etc. It's not hard. Very tedious though. It's all packed in there really tight and awkward in some spots.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
26,156 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Electric seat bits usually don't cost too much.

I've taken seats apart before and replaced motors, gears, etc. It's not hard. Very tedious though. It's all packed in there really tight and awkward in some spots.
I was gonna ask because it's not moving forward and backwards and the bolts are under the railor
yes, it’s called Tanin Red.
how does it look on a 4 door panels and all
like the m3

·
Registered
2020 330i, 2018 X5, 2004 325iT, E30 325i, E28 M5
65 Posts
When I bought my car the passenger seat was stuck over the rails. I bought a used motor and replaced it by rasing the seat to its highest point. It was a pain and to make it worse, it did not fix the issue. After about a year of trying all kinds of things I ended up ripping the seat out of the car and replacing it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I bought my car the passenger seat was stuck over the rails. I bought a used motor and replaced it by rasing the seat to its highest point. It was a pain and to make it worse, it did not fix the issue. After about a year of trying all kinds of things I ended up ripping the seat out of the car and replacing it.
I was thinking of doing that

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
26,156 Posts
how does it look on a 4 door panels and all
like the m3
looks kinda like it but not nearly as good. M3 leather is nicer, their red is nicer and seats door panels nicer.
*but maybe we should make a new thread for this which is off topic for this thread
Glasses Cabinetry Vision care Furniture Hood

·
Registered
2001 330i (pre-facelift)
1,109 Posts
Like mentioned above, it would be a good idea to check the wiring. Make sure the seat is getting power, and a good ground. Also check the fuses.

That said, I just replaced the driver seat in my 330i with a racing seat. The seat adjustment motors all work fine, but the upholstery is trashed. I'd be willing to remove the motors, if you think you can use them.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
26,156 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts