E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is sqeaking like crazy whenever I turn. It started a few days ago and i haven't been able to take it in for repair yet. According to you guys, the bushings are worn which it probably is. Is it bad to drive the car with them worn? Should I just park it until i can get it to the shop??

Thanks.

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,326 Posts
Mine has been doing that for around six weeks. Drives fine, a little floaty. Then again, I've only put maybe 600 miles on it in that span of time.

I don't trust the shops around here and my tools are packed in storage, so I'm waiting until I'm back in Naples before I fix it. Hopefully it will hold together till then, which is about a month from now (or around 200-300 miles).

·
Registered
404 Posts
You can still ride on them for a little bit. It's not life threatening if you dont replace it ASAP. I would get new ones put on when you get the chance though.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Mine used to handle better too... How many bushings are there exactly that need to be replaced to get that New Car feel? :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts