BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 330ci and already have dinan exhaust. I want to do a ECU and CAI but have to do Dinan for warrenty issues. Is it worth it and will I notice a difference?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had an 02 330i. I had the Dinan intake, throttle body, and stage three software with an AA exhaust installed definitely made a difference. Is it worth the money well that is up to you, I decided to get an 03 M3 instead of trying to further improve the performance of my 330. I also know that is not feasible for everbody and I did enjoy my modified 330.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i think with that much money you spend on the dinan stuff, instead if you buy some other after market stuff like the gruppeM instake, or the shark injector software, or the uuc tse2, it would make more of a difference. but then its just my opinion... dinan is still good

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
I'm really fond of all my Dinan parts...I started with the exhaust, but didn't feel/notice any kind of difference until I got the Dinan CAI + Stage 2 software. Sure, other aftermarket brands are cheaper, but I'm a firm believer that Dinan makes quality parts and are worth the money, especially since BMW dealers don't give you sh*t for having them on there (if you're still under warranty.) When I got the CAI, they upgraded my software to Stage 2 for free; I guess they had already done Stage 1 and didn't charge me for it... :D So if you do decide to get the CAI + Stage 2, tell them that you already have Stage 1 and that your Dinan rep told you there's no charge for upgrading... :thumbup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Plain and simple... NO!

Dinan is extremely over priced. Come on, $2K for 15 horses when you can get the exact same results from other intakes, sharks and an exhaust.

My $.02

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
in one word NO

get your self the shark injecter if they have one for your modell
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
hamann 330Ci 3 said:
I have a 2002 330ci and already have dinan exhaust. I want to do a ECU and CAI but have to do Dinan for warrenty issues. Is it worth it and will I notice a difference?
no it's not worth it, and yes you should notice a difference.

you can get +20hp/tq with technik stage 1.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Dillard - The $2k DInan upgrade you're talking about is not just 15 horses. And an intake + ECU only costs around 750. Second of all, the Dinan S, which you are referring to, adds 15-20 hp AS WELL AS suspension upgrades AND interior modifications. It is a great deal. Not to mention that you are modding a BMW...not a honda. You're going to pay much more for everything then you would for any rice racer.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I was just talking about an CAI (which is a poor design... who wants to take off a wheel to clean your air filter... not to mention hydro lock), ECU (which is nothing different than a Shark but costs double) and an exhaust (which is also way over priced). This all adds up to about 15 HP at the rear wheels.

I won't swear to the 15 HP but from what I've read on this board, 15 HP gain is about all the dynos really show... regardless what the manufactures claim.

Again... My $.02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts