BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been posted before but i wanna buy the clarion
VRX935VD for the car and the best price i can find it for from a certified dealer is 1200 dollars from a local shop here. On Ebay though u can find some incredible prices that says brand new in box Clarion VRX935VD for sometimes lower than 1000 dollars as a buy it now price. My question is that if its a good idea to do this. Because ive heard rumor after rumor and i myself have been swindled a couple of times on ebay. Should i just totally rule out the ebay possibility and just buy it for the 1200 price or should i get it from ebay u guys think? I mean if it breaks im screwed right? where as if i buy it from the certified dealer i can take it back. Thx for the help on this guys.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
there are always cons to buyin on ebay. legitmacy, non trustworthy sellers, and condition of the item.

if you do buy from the ebay, use any type of sellers protection (whether from ebay , paypal, etc) it should run less than 40 bucks and you will have piece of mind.

now for the products, some are manufactured from the dealer because ebay sellers have online shops.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've purchased tons of stuff from ebay. From speakers, to tv screens and even rims. I've only had one problem over the last 3 years and it was for an $40 item. Just look at the persons feedback and see what the comments are and how many feedbacks he/she has. If the item is way to cheap then you know something is up. Stay away from sellers who don't accept paypal and want wire tranfers and money orders. And honestly, I would only buy an item if the seller accepts paypal. Bidpay and other services don't cover you if you get ripped off. Warrenty depends if the person says he/she will cover it. I know alot of companies will not cover you if you didn't purchase it from a authorized dealer.

·
Banned
113 Posts
I bought my Panasonic CQ-VAD9200U from EBAY. No problems and still carries the full warranty since they issued me a legit receipt. I've already contacted Panasonic about it and the warranty is legit. I only heard some companies will not honor the warranty if you purchase their products from EBAY.

·
Registered
211 Posts
if he has good feedback and its sealed i dotn see a reason why you shouldnt save couple of bills.

my question though is,

putting a flip up screen seems cool but where u gonna put it and do i have to take out the factory radio and get any more equipment for this to work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts