BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
.com
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious to know what you think about the new coilover kits coming from H&R.

·
Top2Bottom
910 Posts
oh geez now im gonna have another one to add to my damn dilema on wich coilover kit to get!!! why cant things be easier!!!

oh yeah...and damn you europrojektz people...i swear you multiple daily!!! jk..you guys are straight as hell!!!

·
.com
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BMWilli said:
Are these out yet???
Yes. They have been out in Europe for quite a long time. The kits were finally unveiled to the US market at SEMA last November.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can be totally and completly wrong about this so please don't take my word for it or start the flames.... what I've heard from a friend who spoke to an H&R rep around the time we purchased PSS9s back in May 01 for our VWs, these new H&R coilovers are the exact same thing as Bilsteins PSS and PSS9. I believe what the rep told my friend was that Bistein is using H&R springs for their coilovers and H&R would be using Bilstein shocks/dampers for their coilovers. Since they were using each others products and Bilstein was ready to release them first, H&R decided to wait a year or two. Again, I can be totally wrong and the rep could have been full of it. This is just what I've been told. However, if what I've heard is true, the new H&R coils will probably ride like PSS or PSS9s.

·
.com
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GUINNESS said:
I can be totally and completly wrong about this so please don't take my word for it or start the flames.... what I've heard from a friend who spoke to an H&R rep around the time we purchased PSS9s back in May 01 for our VWs, these new H&R coilovers are the exact same thing as Bilsteins PSS and PSS9. I believe what the rep told my friend was that Bistein is using H&R springs for their coilovers and H&R would be using Bilstein shocks/dampers for their coilovers. Since they were using each others products and Bilstein was ready to release them first, H&R decided to wait a year or two. Again, I can be totally wrong and the rep could have been full of it. This is just what I've been told. However, if what I've heard is true, the new H&R coils will probably ride like PSS or PSS9s.
For the most part you are correct. H&R has claims the new kits will be stiffer and more reliable than the Bilstein PSS & PSS9 kits. :dunno:

I'm still waiting for the official "customer feedback" though. :D

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Yeah, I just got a call back from H&R, the RSS is for track use.

The PCS is exactly the Bilstein PSS9, but is the one that is selling in Japan which get better quality and is called BSS. It has 9 adjustable damper setting, I was right when I saw the pic from Sema. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts