BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
First 19" ZHP
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i measured how far my rims will go up on my drop. and right now my car sits 25 inches on the ground from the top of the wheel well. the rims i want plus tires measure 24inches. will that one extra inch make the car look dumb since it snot slammed or will it still look good with the 1 inch margin

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,115 Posts
I don't think it would look bad. What size rims and tires are you putting on? What type of drop do you have? I have H&R sport (29484) and my car sits 24 and 3/4 all around from the ground:

·
First 19" ZHP
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have those same exact springs and thats how high my car sits exactly so do you think it will look good if there is still a 3/4 inch margin or should i drop it more

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,115 Posts
I think your car would still look just fine, although a bit lower would probably look even better. As for me, I like the drop that these springs produce, but eventually, if i keep this car, I may go a bit lower, maybe another 1/2 inch all around, but that's it. No lower than that.

·
First 19" ZHP
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not looking for my car to tuck in, i know if i go with the race springs my front and backs will tuck in with 19s but i know with sports that the back will tuck in but im not sure about the front, if it sits just a little bit above the tire it will be perfect

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,115 Posts
With 19's on sport springs, it should look perfect. I'm not crazy about the tucked look either.

H&R sport springs are known for being perfect in the front, but people have complained about them not being low enough in the rear. If I get 18's, I may lower it a bit more, if I get 19's, I probably won't lower it anymore.

·
yuppie racing
1,919 Posts
so you're going from a diameter of 21 inches to 24 inches?, I know this is offtopic but you do realize that you are gonna really mess up speedemoter readings. What people do, smart ones anyway, do a what they call a "plus size". that is you keep the overall same diameter as stock but you change the siz of your tire. Like a 17 inch rim with a certain sidewall width get's a "plus one" size increase to an 18 inch. that is you get the 18 inch rims which is one inch larger than stock, but you lower ther profile of your tire on inch as well. If one doesnt do this, the Mph readings are going to off. Just a heads up.

·
First 19" ZHP
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ thanks ill have to look into that and doesnt the weight of the rims also put in affect of the mph reading

1 - 11 of 11 Posts