BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This weekend I installed my ipod interface with the ipodBMW kit....works ok but on my first day of use, my ipod froze, I had to reset it....I'm getting all sorts of wierd things happening to my ipod...e.g. everytime I plug it to my M3 something happens, the backlight control doesn't work, the previous button doesn't stop the songs...so I have to reset my ipod and the controls go back to normal...has any one expirence this??

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think it is a coincidence more than a cause. I had a 2nd generation Ipod that did that quite a few times. My 2nd Generation ipod had a common problem of freezing up, doing weird things, won't shut off...run so hot, I had to throw it in the freezer to cool now. I even called Apple support about it and they said that was a known problem and thought the freezer thing was quite funny. What generation Ipod do you have? I don't think the BMW adapter has anything to do with the problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BOSTONVietKid said:
I think it is a coincidence more than a cause. I had a 2nd generation Ipod that did that quite a few times. My 2nd Generation ipod had a common problem of freezing up, doing weird things, won't shut off...run so hot, I had to throw it in the freezer to cool now. I even called Apple support about it and they said that was a known problem and thought the freezer thing was quite funny. What generation Ipod do you have? I don't think the BMW adapter has anything to do with the problem.

Hi BOSTONVietKid....thanks for the reply, I have 4G ipod...I just got last week...if I would have know about the icelink, I think I would have gone with that option instead of OEM ipodinterface but this is how you learn...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah. I dont know where BMW gets off saying its a seamless interface. Isnt it like putting a cd in with 3000 songs on it. You just get track #. Thats it.

I just installed the alpine Ai-Net interface that goes between the Alpine head and the ipod. Its SICK. You can controll every aspect of the ipod. Browse tracks, folders, playlists. Its worth ditching the factory head unit and getting the interface. It hooks to the USB port on the ipod. So my ipods in my trunk and I can take it out when im at the gym, fully charged. !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts