BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 328i and have been toying w/ the idea of getting an iPod in there. I know that it only works w/ newer models (stock). However, I'm sure it can be done to work w/ my car. Now, mine has the 6 CD changer, so I know I'd have to give that up. Two questions:

1. Can it be done?
2. If yes, how and how much?

TIA.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes it can be done, what you need depends on the production date on your car.
I had a 2001 325ci with a 4/01 date so I had to replace radio head (you need radio that has Mode button on it instead of CD button), antenna cable (or adapter), and purchased the iPod kit and the Aux input kit.

It all works great.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMWBoiDE said:
Yes it can be done, what you need depends on the production date on your car.
I had a 2001 325ci with a 4/01 date so I had to replace radio head (you need radio that has Mode button on it instead of CD button), antenna cable (or adapter), and purchased the iPod kit and the Aux input kit.

It all works great.
Ok, thanks for the input. I'll have to do some more research, I guess.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If ipod yourbmw (the bmw part) doesn't work for your car, why not take a look at the Dension ice>link?

Not only do you get steering wheel and stereo control of your ipod, but you can still use the ipod to navigate (not possible on the bmw part). Also, there's a new version in the works which will display song information etc in the BMW navigation and stereo screens - read a thread about it here.

I know I'm waiting for that one to come along...

/bfg

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you posted that. I just bumped into that link yesterday. :) I did look at the self install kit from Dension and it looks like it should be easy to get the 6 CD changer out and connect their setup.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts