BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i got an ipod interface in my car, recently got an iphone and hooked it up. Now i can listen to the music from my iphone in my car, all controls work. :str8pimpi

·
Registered
514 Posts
wat interface are you using? i have an iphone and very interested in options

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I currently have the spec.dock with my iphone, and both bluetooth and ipod capabilities work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for the delay. well the ipod cab came with the car when i bought, its located in the glove box. and yes i connect the iphone to the cable and works fine.:excited:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I currently have the spec.dock with my iphone, and both bluetooth and ipod capabilities work. :thumbsup:
even bluetooth?. I do not see any reference to bluetooth capability on the spec.dock website.
Does that mean your car has the bluetooth option?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
even bluetooth?. I do not see any reference to bluetooth capability on the spec.dock website.
Does that mean your car has the bluetooth option?
Thanks
When I purchased my BSW speakers and sub, I also purchased the BMW Bluetooth kit, and the DICE HD Radio kit w/ the spec.dock. They are all separate.

The spec.dock simply houses my iphone/ipod in the front ash tray as opposed to the glove box. It charges my iphone, and does not cause any problems with my bluetooth. If a call comes in, the ipod (on the iphone) simply turns off to accept the call (just as if you were listening to music on your iphone and a call came in).

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
its prewired (i think) you just have to buy the equipment in my knowledge.
Our cars are pre-wired for the bluetooth, however you need to purchase the BMW Bluetooth kit (~$700). The install is a pretty straight forward and easy DIY. It just takes a few hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts