E46 Fanatics Forum banner
281 - 284 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
M-Sport Diesel X-Drive Touring. Not a run-of-the-mill North American BMW. It looks great, and congrats!

What are your plans for it?
Plans? Daily drive it another 150,000 miles / 10-12 years, lol.
That means 20% tint on front windows and 5% everywhere else.
Might put the splitter on it, Just to protect the bottom of the bumper,
And the usual DVD/USB in motion coding ( 2015s still work).

And when it needs a suspension refresh, AC Schnitzer sports package suspension to lower it to about 2wd sport height, since xDrive Msport don’t have sport suspension.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Well as far as the e46 is concerned, I rebuilt the 155 amp alternator and installed it yesterday, Plus finally changed the blower motor so I have heat and cooling again after 2 years.
Not fun, valve cover has to come off on m56 for blower motor clearance.

Figured out the back of the radiator I has a few pinhole leaks as I could see the discoloration, so I have one of those on the way now. But it***8217;s usable again. Just in time as my wife is taking the F31 on a road trip to San Antonio tomorrow to visit family.

F31d now has a few interior retrofits,
Non m sport b pillar ambient lighting retrofit, m3 console kneepad, m3 extendable armrest, and
LCI anthracite trim and LCI AC Controls and LCI ambient lighting console panel. Plus Euro switch, as I always do.
It***8217;s been coded of course, turned on all the fun stuff and turned off the corner markers.
Plus I finally found a set of cargo/dog net and cargo cover in Spain for $200 shipped to the US that it was missing when we bought it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well as far as the e46 is concerned, I rebuilt the 155 amp alternator and installed it yesterday, Plus finally changed the blower motor so I have heat and cooling again after 2 years.
Not fun, valve cover has to come off on m56 for blower motor clearance.

Figured out the back of the radiator I has a few pinhole leaks as I could see the discoloration, so I have one of those on the way now. But it's usable again. Just in time as my wife is taking the F31 on a road trip to San Antonio tomorrow to visit family.

F31d now has a few interior retrofits,
Non m sport b pillar ambient lighting retrofit, m3 console kneepad, m3 extendable armrest, and
LCI anthracite trim and LCI AC Controls and LCI ambient lighting console panel. Plus Euro switch, as I always do.
It's been coded of course, turned on all the fun stuff and turned off the corner markers.
Plus I finally found a set of cargo/dog net and cargo cover in Spain for $200 shipped to the US that it was missing when we bought it.
Bro how did you live through El Paso summers with no AC?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Bro how did you live through El Paso summers with no AC?
i worked evenings so I was driving back after 10 pm... and my workday commute to work was from air conditioned garage and 6 minutes, lol.

281 - 284 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.