E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
'02 330i 5-Speed
6,009 Posts
Looking good! Looks like you've already addressed the grime on the door pull but if you hadn't, I would have recommended (and still recommend) Aerospace 303 spray. Love the stuff.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
'02 330i 5-Speed
6,009 Posts
Beautiful! I'm going to have to try the Scrubbing Bubbles treatment on my seats' leather. I was going to use Leatherique products but you've got me reconsidering...

·
Premium Member
'02 330i 5-Speed
6,009 Posts
Rick, on a totally different subject, which specific Scrubbing Bubbles product did you use on the leather seats? I tried the spray & microfiber towels a few weeks ago and it certainly didn't leave my seats looking like yours. Still very dirty. :(

·
Premium Member
'02 330i 5-Speed
6,009 Posts
Thanks. That's a lot of elbow grease. Not sure I have the patience (or time, period) for that. Will give it a shot on the front pass. seat bottom (the worst) and see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
'02 330i 5-Speed
6,009 Posts
It's the auto.
What I thought was a really bad oil leak from the back of the VCG, turned out the be a massive leak from the front of the automatic. Probably TC seal or pump seal.
Which means they both probably need replacing which is out of my budget for the next few months.

I'm not sure right now what I will do with the car.
Fix it, or burn it.
This is why I hate automatics.
Man, that really sucks. :( Sorry to hear that, Rick.

If you lived closer, we could do a 5-speed swap in my garage over a long weekend and you could help me condition my leather seats in return. Heh.

·
Premium Member
'02 330i 5-Speed
6,009 Posts
You've been able to successfully integrate all these aftermarket or factory electronic baubles and you're worried about not being able to recode the speedo after a trans and diff swap? Does not compute (pun intended). There are a plethora of diffs to choose from BTW:

http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/GearRatios.htm

·
Premium Member
'02 330i 5-Speed
6,009 Posts
A 300 rpm increase isn't livable? The 2.93 seems to be one of the most common diffs, and 5-speeds can be found fairly easily too I imagine. But the issue is, of course, lack of space. Would you repair the auto yourself or have a shop do it?

Noted about the M56 DME differences and difficulty as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.