E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,121 Posts
He was mad at you for looking at what was on the USB?? I'd have offered at that point to mail it to his boss.

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
Holy crap, was that in English? I recognize some of the words, but didn't understand anything. ;)

Cudos! WAY over my head. :)

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
I'm lurking on this thread for now. I've got an 04' 6 speed smg with 46K on the clock and I want to have bluetooth for music and phone but I want it to be fully factory not aftermarket. You obviously know your stuff, so thanks for the killer write ups and info!
I'm curious why you want to stay 100% factory. Are you familiar with the Dynavin N6? It does everything the factory nav does and more and it does it better. The sound quality is a noticeable improvement over the factory radio. It looks OEM and is very easy to install. It is designed to be a nav/radio as opposed to more of a tablet based system. As such it has it's own proprietary operating system instead of Android. That makes it far more reliable. Things just work.

If you don't have factory nav already, I think you'll be happier with the N6. At least look into it. J&T Distributing is a forum sponsor and they sell the N6. Jeff is pretty quick to help with any necessary troubleshooting.

I have only one complaint about mine and that is the main menu interface. It has a Win8 look that I don't like and have been very vocal about. You don't spend much time on the main menu, but more muted colors would be more befitting a premium car IMHO.

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
cool, thanks! One big thing as well is that I use Android devices, I can't use the N6 correct? Avin Avant 2 would be my nicest option but thats $800 plus the climate relocate puts the total at $900 before tax and shipping. Crazy money.
You can absolutely use your Android phone with the N6. It uses standard Bluetooh pairing.

The Android nav units simply use Android as the OS. You can download the same apps, but if you read the threads about the Android units, you'll find a LOT more people having trouble with them. If you're good at utilizing Android and want a unit you can use more like a computer, the Avant 2 is pretty good and generally well supported.

If you go OEM you'll need to do climate control relocate anyway. It will probably be more expensive than the N6.

Lastly, I'm not familiar with any nav unit for the E46 that does SAT (or does OEM?).

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
Nice! Love following this thread. I'm an idiot when it comes to electronics, so in my world, you're an Einstein.

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
More likely the oil filter housing gasket or oil pan gasket. Given it leaks with rpm, my money is on OFHG.

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
If it were me, I'd replace the OFHG just because. When you have all the stuff off to replace it, you'll have a reasonably good look at where it may be coming from.

It's a pretty easy job and no ramps necessary.

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
I know nothing of slushboxes, but I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.