E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi guys!

Maybe some news maybe not... anyway I read following on the autobild.de

BMW want to make a different between the limo and the coupe so he well produce just two modell under the type name 3er.

The 4 door limo under the name E90 premier is the IAA 2005 and the 5 door wagon under the name E91 premier is in summer 2006.

Coupe will under E92 and type name 4er produced and coming at the end of 2006 and the Convertible modell type E93 in 2007.

Other news the next M3 modell comes not just as Coupe and Convertible but as Wagon too to the market!!! No premier date given yet...

Uhhh a wagon as M3 could be very nice!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Greets

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry guys the Coupe coming as E92 not as E39 my mistake...

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
the 4er coupe will be an E39? that is the current 5er designation...

-brendan

EDIT- ur on top of it :thumbup: :thumbup: thanks for the info!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
you are right their is going to be a 6 series

its a m6 with a 10 banger that will give the car 500 hp 100 more than the m5 it will be smokinnnnnnnnnnnnn
bobm3 :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: you are right their is going to be a 6 series

bobm3 said:
its a m6 with a 10 banger that will give the car 500 hp 100 more than the m5 it will be smokinnnnnnnnnnnnn
100 hp more than the current M5 - with the redesign I think the M5 will have the V10 also.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
leng said:
they won't call the 4.6 an M cause it's not manual

Thats not the only reason, that was a reason but also becuase they don't think an SAV could ever be considered an M, because they don't think it fits teh crieria of an M motorsport vehicle.

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
RE:

PLAZAMAN said:
the x5 4.6 is the M version of the x5
The 4.6is is not an M car. I was talking about a real M X5. They could call it an MX5 (name already taken by the Miata) or XM5 (sounds too much like XM radio) or even X5M. Give me a 400+ horsepower engine mated to a six speed SMG tranny and some 21" wheels with 15" brakes. Make it faster and better handling than the Cayenne Turbo. That would be my dream car!

·
Alco-ma-holic
969 Posts
haha, so you moderators starting work on the new e92fanatics.com page yet???? I thinks thats kinda lame that they are throwing so many "entwicklungs" around. I like that they aren't just sittin on their asses and makin new designs and keepin it fresh, but they will be in the triple digits in no time. Oh well. I'm gunna have to start saving for mods on my e92.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts