E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The interior trim on the driver side is falling off again. I got this fixed about 1.5 years ago and went to dealer but they said its only cover for 2 years if you got it done after April of 2003? Is this true?

Then I went to get some strong glue but that didn't help either. Has anyone fixed this before? If yes, what kind of glue did you use?

BTW, the dealer quoted $450 to fix this. :yikes:

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Goto a different dealer. If your car is still under warranty it should be covered no matter what. This is also a very common problem on the E46 cars. BMW NA should replace these for life IMHO. :rolleyes: Same thing goes for rear sub frame issues on many BMW models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
MikeL said:
Goto a different dealer. If your car is still under warranty it should be covered no matter what. This is also a very common problem on the E46 cars. BMW NA should replace these for life

:werd: i had mine replaced about 6 months ago. My service advisor told that he will cover this repair for the life of the vehicle. Definitely check with another stealership. Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MikeL said:
Goto a different dealer. If your car is still under warranty it should be covered no matter what. This is also a very common problem on the E46 cars. BMW NA should replace these for life IMHO. :rolleyes: Same thing goes for rear sub frame issues on many BMW models.
But my car is no longer under warranty. When I got this fixed the first time my car was under warranty. I'll try another stealership tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,697 Posts
idoc330ci said:
:werd: i had mine replaced about 6 months ago. My service advisor told that he will cover this repair for the life of the vehicle. Definitely check with another stealership. Good luck
My dealer told me the same thing...its a VERY common problem. But, if you take it to the dealer, it'll probably happen again. Rectify the issue youself with super hold super glue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
:censor: THE DEALER!!! ITS GONNA FALL OFF NEWAYS, JUSS WASTE OF TIME.
GO TO PEPBOYS AND BUY 3M WEATHERSTRIP GLUE ( $4.99) AND MASKING TAPE. JUSS GLUE IT AND PUT TAPE TO HOLD ONTO IT. REMOVE TAPE AFTER 24 HRS AND UR ALL SET! MAKE SURE NOT TO GET IT ON UR CAR OR UPHOLSTERY. :thumbup: GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PS323CI said:
:censor: THE DEALER!!! ITS GONNA FALL OFF NEWAYS, JUSS WASTE OF TIME.
GO TO PEPBOYS AND BUY 3M WEATHERSTRIP GLUE ( $4.99) AND MASKING TAPE. JUSS GLUE IT AND PUT TAPE TO HOLD ONTO IT. REMOVE TAPE AFTER 24 HRS AND UR ALL SET! MAKE SURE NOT TO GET IT ON UR CAR OR UPHOLSTERY. :thumbup: GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Thanks dude. I'll go ahead and try out that glue if the dealership doesn't fixed this for free.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top