BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand our e46 came with the lights that lid the foot wells on our cars but mine didn't come equipped with it. How come? Is this a option in a certain package?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't have them either. When I took my glove box out, I did find the spot where it would have went. I popped out the plastic cover and it looks like you may be able to buy one online. I found like 2 wires under there that weren't being used. I would assume they are for the footwell light, but they may have been for something else. I think the 1999 323i models didn't come with them. Sort of like how we didn't get the trunk release button, but the 328i did. It's all so strange how they worked these things out.

·
Registered
E36 Drift Missile, 08 Nissan Titan Tow Rig, 02 SV650 traffic zipper
1,482 Posts
Me either ^

Im pretty sure you can install it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea man this sucks lol Ours didn't come equipped with them. Oh well, I really like lighting down there. I was thinking of buying one of those led bars thats hyper white and installing it down there lol. But idk. :eek:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i also did notice the square hole where it would have been mounted but it was covered with a plastic part. Hmmmm

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is yours a 323?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yea man this sucks lol Ours didn't come equipped with them. Oh well, I really like lighting down there. I was thinking of buying one of those led bars thats hyper white and installing it down there lol. But idk. :eek:

make sure to go with a whole LED conversion then. but that may be a little too much light.

werid though. I didnt know there was no footwells in certain 323's. You would think they could have at least added that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Does anyone know for sure if there is a special way we would wire these lights into our 323's, or should all the wires to do this already be there (creating a plug n' play)?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know for sure if there is a special way we would wire these lights into our 323's, or should all the wires to do this already be there (creating a plug n' play)?
Thats exactly what I was wondering! lol:thumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Theres a hole. It's a rectangle with a plastic cover. Does anyone know what color wires they might be?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
1 - 19 of 19 Posts