BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been six months since I have had my door panel apart (so my memory is fuzzy)... In a coupe, how is the piece of leather held in (ie. screw, glue, other) place that is right above the armrest (rear section)? The piece that I am talking about is smooth and soft. I tried to find a clear picture of what I am talking about but couldn't find one. Sorry if my description sucks! Thanks in advance...

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
Are you talking about the leather piece that attaches to the top of the armrest, that you actually rest your arm on? If so.....

It has a series of clips......there are maybe three or four rows of "pressure" clips underneath. By this, i mean that they are easy to push in, but difficult to pull out. Then there is a tab at the backside of the leather piece that clips under the actual trim. I hope this makes some sense.....but if you have seen it, you will know what i am talking about

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thaisOn - thanks for the reply, but we are talking about two different pieces.... I am talking about the piece that is part of the door panel.... not the armrest! Thanks for trying :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts