BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me which interior bulbs I need? I want to order LEDs now and have them shipped overnight but I need to know ASAP. Thanks!

·
1,117 Posts
keep in mind that most leds are directional, meaning instead of lighting up your car, it will be a beam of light in a particular direction.
it might look weird , but let us know how it turns out.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,128 Posts
here you go:

from the diy section. searched under "alternatives bimmian" (without quotations).

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122095&highlight=alternatives+bimmian

planning on doing this myself with red in a few weeks when i have time.:thumbup:

EDIT: as a note, i would stay away from leds, you need resistors and such or youll have warning lights etc, which are a royal pain. just go with colored bulbs from autozone or pepboys or something like that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get warning lights from interior bulbs? Really? I thought the light out warning only came on for exterior bulbs like blinkers, parking lights, license plate lights, etc.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered the LED bulbs from www.superbrightleds.com They should definitely be bright enough. The wedge bulbs have 4 LEDs and the tube bulbs have 6! I had 4 LED wedge bulbs in my last car's sidemarkers and they were bright as hell! :D I'll post pics ASAP.

·
Beware of pwner
1,851 Posts
That's where I bought my interior bulbs from too, but I bought the 6 led wedge bulb. There were no warning lights.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,128 Posts
ahh cool, eric. i didnt realize that you got LEDs for your interior too! are they really spot beam looking (focused light) or do they spread over the interior well? i am probably going to get some red leds for my interior lighting. and there is no risk of blowing a fuse or anything with these without resistors?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No you won't blow anything. The resistors are built in. I'm installing these tonight. I'll take some pics.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They came out pretty nice. It's really hard to take pics of them though. They're much brighter in person. I posted some pics in the thread below.

PICS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts