BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if there is a way to integrate a cell phone into an M3. my friend used o have a MBenz and he had this feature where he could simply plug in his cell under the middle armrest and when people would call, radio would turn down and he could hear them through the speakers and talked into a micro placed somewhere. I've never heard of this feature on an M3, but is it possible to do? does anyone make any product that allows for this to happen? driving a stick and talking is hard. Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
201 Posts
Install Bluetooth kit. If you have the right type of cellphone, you don't even have to plug it in. BMW have a list of phones that will work. I have a Sony/Ericsson T610, which works well. The BMW Bluetooth kit is expensive though, about $500 or $600, plus installation, although you can probably do the installation yourself if you're smarter than me. I understand there might be cheaper options too, but I went with the BMW kit and it works very well.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, thanx lot guys. I didn't even think of bluetooth. My current phone doesn't have that feature, but I'll switch phones just to be able to use it in my car. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
toyrunr said:
I want to know if there is a way to integrate a cell phone into an M3. my friend used o have a MBenz and he had this feature where he could simply plug in his cell under the middle armrest and when people would call, radio would turn down and he could hear them through the speakers and talked into a micro placed somewhere. I've never heard of this feature on an M3, but is it possible to do? does anyone make any product that allows for this to happen? driving a stick and talking is hard. Thanks for all your help

One option other than Bluetooth... if your M3 have Assist. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts