E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at bavauto.com and all of their intakes for my car (325i 2001) say not for cars with xenon lights.. Anyone know why this is? Also anyone have intakes on their 3 series that they would recomend. and how much?

·
Banned
682 Posts
MIV4N said:
I was at bavauto.com and all of their intakes for my car (325i 2001) say not for cars with xenon lights.. Anyone know why this is? Also anyone have intakes on their 3 series that they would recomend. and how much?
The xenon ballast gets in the way of the intake tube or filter. Our kits relocate the ballast via a bracket to deal with this issue.

-Dan

·
Banned
682 Posts
Re: xenon and intake?

MIV4N said:
dan so i cant get any intake with xenons????
If it's an ECIS/Conforti/GruppeM you can with no problems (I think) because the ballast doesn't get in the way of the intake.

If it's a Dinan/Benfer/BavAuto, the ballast will be in the way of the intake tube. Our solution to this is to have the customer relocate the ballast to the fender with a little bracket we provide.

Regards,

-Dan

·
Banned
682 Posts
MIV4N said:
are u sure about benfer!... its a price i like lol.. but ihave xenons
:(
You should wait till the next BavAuto catalog comes out. They may have some better intakes by then that work with Xenon lights.

:eeps:

·
Registered
169 Posts
BFP said:

You should wait till the next BavAuto catalog comes out. They may have some better intakes by then that work with Xenon lights.

:eeps:
:lmao:

I have a Benfer Intake and it was extremely easy to relocate the xenon ballast.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,906 Posts
MIV4N said:
how do u relocate the balast
pretty much you just unscrew it from its current location and install it onto a bracket that is provided. and thats it, its out of the way.

·
Waiting for my V8 4door M3!
2,594 Posts
Regarding Benfer, the bracket provided is cool but I found it useless because the wires aren't long enough in the 03 to reach where the bracket is mounted to.
I just used some double sided tape to stick it right next to its original location and it held up fine until I took the intake out entirely.

Go for the Benfer.
- Its quality
- Provides great and noticeable benfits
- And Dan provides great service

:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts