BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I’ve been trying to figure this out. Idiot me didn’t pay attention when disconnecting these. I see three (3) small hose connections. A flared hose, a check valve and a barb sticking out of the rectangular block, electric valve. But only see two hoses, one from the EGR and the other from the Fuel Filter. Guessing the flared tube goes to the check valve on the manifold and the EGR goes to the barb and the hose from the fuel filter goes to the intake boot.

IMG_2794.jpg

Do I have that correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My vacuum reservoir port is capped.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back up and running and no codes so far. Haven’t checked xTFT yet.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,060 Posts
Ok I’ve been trying to figure this out. Idiot me didn’t pay attention when disconnecting these. I see three (3) small hose connections. A flared hose, a check valve and a barb sticking out of the rectangular block, electric valve. But only see two hoses, one from the EGR and the other from the Fuel Filter. Guessing the flared tube goes to the check valve on the manifold and the EGR goes to the barb and the hose from the fuel filter goes to the intake boot.
Fwiw, that "flared tube" (aka vacuum line) looks ready to be replaced, along with probably the other soft vacuum lines back there that are part of the SAP control system. Sooner or later it is likely to fall apart or crack and create a vacuum leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts