BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. I have been trying to chase down a problem with my car and its driving me crazy.. Im getting a po174, p1085, p2096, p2098.

I have replaced both intake boots, maf, fuel pump, fuel filter, pre-o2 sensors, spark plugs...

Im to the point im wondering if I have an intake manafold leak or clogged injector.. The car seems to run ok tho.

I have sprayed carb cleaned on everything and dont see any leaks..

anyone have any other ideas before I have to take it to the dealer and pay out my butt for them to tell me nothing.

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
What do does codes stand for? I assume it is too lean and o2 adaptation related? A vacuum leaked can cause those codes due to letting unmetered air into the combustion chamber. Also a bad fuel filter, pump, pressure regulator or any fuel delivery components can starve your car of the right amount of.fuel. assuming it is.a.vacuum leaked then u need a smoke test. This is the only way to find a vacuum leak.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, i figured it might be a leak somewhere, however i cant find one.. i guess i need to find a shop that has a smoke machine. Thanks

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
silly question but do you have a halloween smoke maker machine? if so, let me know and I can tell you how to make your own smoke machine in less than 5mins with using less than $5 worth of parts/modification.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Sounds like you have a leak in your crankcase ventilation hoses inside the crankcase housing. It can be done as a DIY, just takes time and patience...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont have a halloween smoke machine...

and where is the crankcase ventilation hose at? and how would i check that?

i can hear a sucking sound comming from inside the intake area above the intake (disa valve?) i took it out and cleaned it and re-sealed it. i sprayed around it and it never idled up... it driving me crazy..

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
sucking sound sounds like cracked intake boot but i guees you changed that. did you change the lower 1 also? cat codes maybe you need new 02 sensors?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i have checked for every possible air leak there could be on the car... im still getting a p0313 code and p2096 & p2098.
Does anyone think its possible i put a bad fuel filter on? I just replaced the pump and the filter and Im out of ideas.. If its not the filter im pulling injectors out and sending them to be cleaned.. Im going crazy..

·
Registered
13 Posts
PO174 - System Too Lean (Bank 2) -

P1085 - Fuel Control Mixture Lean (Bank 2 Sensor 1) -

P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1 -

P2098 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim Bank 2 System Too Lean -

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, I know what the codes mean. im just running some thoughts by to see if any of them make sense.. Im getting to the point where i have almost replaced everything..

Thanks for posting what the codes mean for those who dont know tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts