E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell are you guys paying for 6 month or 12 month insurance on your BMW's??? Ok, yes I understand I'm 18, I'm male and I will be driving a very nice car to say the least, but I've had my european driver's license... which is harder to get than an american one... as well as my american one for 3 years now. I have nothing.... NOTHING on my record. They are still quoting me at least $3500 per 6 month term?!?! Where do you guys go and whats the price quote??

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
22 yrs old, 1200 every 6 months with a perfect record. I'm sure they could care less about the Euro license and what do u expect at 18? It sucks but what can you do. Try statefarm, they had the cheapest prices I could find. It also depends on where you live.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
noBenz said:
What the hell are you guys paying for 6 month or 12 month insurance on your BMW's??? Ok, yes I understand I'm 18, I'm male and I will be driving a very nice car to say the least, but I've had my european driver's license... which is harder to get than an american one... as well as my american one for 3 years now. I have nothing.... NOTHING on my record. They are still quoting me at least $3500 per 6 month term?!?! Where do you guys go and whats the price quote??

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
Just got mine so here's what I'm paying.
24, one speeding ticket, 12 month policy $2400, with multiple policy discount. Moving across town in May, will drop to $1800.
It's based on Zip code. I will be driving 4 times as far to get to work, but insurance drops :dunno:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The 33 yrs and married are what saves you. Hopefully I'll get a big drop in insurance once I hit 25 and being married is a huge one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
havin a house, wife, being over 30 are big factors i believe....and also a primary car other than the M..im looking for insurance right now....27yo, single, 2 speeding tickets....2500 annually w/ 1000 deductible..however..recently called allstate and they quoted me 8000 a year...made no sense to me.....shes like u live in an expensive area..i'm like, kiss my A55....

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What the crap?!?! So seriously if I just happened to get married tomorrow, my insurance would drop a bit??? People wonder why kids get married so young now-a-days!!!! Can I claim I have kids even though I don't?? I know the parenting mentality may play a big rolse in the formula.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Krix330cic(NJ) said:
New Jersey Manufactures (www.NJM.com)
Best insurance Company in NEW JERSEY, if ya can get it.

24yrs old.. House, Married, 01 BMW 330, 03 Ford Harley Davidson, full coverage, discount on homeowners insurance = $5800 a year. :sad:
u pay 5800 and thats good? or do u have something else on there..like home and motorcycle...

·
Still around...
1,582 Posts
MPA33ION said:

u pay 5800 and thats good? or do u have something else on there..like home and motorcycle...
never said 5800 was "good." I use to pay half that when under parents policy last year before i was married and owned a home.

When you have homeowners insurance with same company, your homeowners gets the discount not the auto policy. Works out a few bucks cheaper each month with the discount.

NJM is good for lots of extras... like 2 yrs ago when i was busted on the Turnpike going 110mph in my old e46, they dont make you pay "surcharges" or any additional rates or fees.. And my insurance stayed the same!

btw, this smiley:sad: = unhappy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm turning 16 end of april and my dad and I have been getting insurance quotes for different cars. For an 03 330ci it would be 4400 a year w/ 1000 deductible, thats insane. I'm not getting the car because of the insurance. For an 03 audi A3 3.0 quattro w/ the same deductible, it's 3200 a year. Why is that?

Also, how much do various mods send up your insurance???:dunno:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.