E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 03 325i and I was cursing on the freeway when all the sudden my entire instrument panel shut off, my miles and rpms all went to 0 but my car was still cruising at 75 and reset for a moment. It began beeping like when you first put your key in the car to start it... Then every was fine, but everything was reset and I had to reset my clock etc...

Has any one else experienced this???

·
Go Lakers!!!
2,524 Posts
Why were you "cursing" on the freeway? :lmao:

I also have an 03' 325i, that has never happened to me though. :dunno:

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
D_Ultim8 said:
Why were you "cursing" on the freeway? :lmao:

I also have an 03' 325i, that has never happened to me though. :dunno:
It might have led to cursing...but I believe he originally meant "cruising" :thumbup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a 03 325i and I was cursing on the freeway when all the sudden my entire instrument panel shut off, my miles and rpms all went to 0 but my car was still cruising at 75 and reset for a moment. It began beeping like when you first put your key in the car to start it... Then every was fine, but everything was reset and I had to reset my clock etc...

Has any one else experienced this???
Sorry to bring back an old thread out of the dead, but the same thing happened to me when I was on the highway. The instrument panel went dead and started to beep for about 10 secs and then everything came back but I never lost power to my radio and the car ran as normal. Trip odometer reset and so did the clocks.

Anybody have any ideas what this could be? Bad fuse?, short?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I had the same problem happen to me. I have a 2005 325i. I took it to the place I purchased and they told me to unplug the battery for about 4 hours to let the systems reset. The mechanic said it is a problem with the K-BUS on the motherboard. Does this sound right? I tried the battery thing with no luck. In my case the dash lights and radio don't work. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts