BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well again me:)

today i tried to change color of needles by other way.

But i am not satisfied with result because the needles are still affected by whice colour and that makes them pink. DAMN.
But it is 3am here so i have to stop and go to bed :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
wooooW!!!nice mods,the same that i want to made!!!i have blue tacho and with smd led i want to colour in white the needles!!! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks,
well good luck :D :D :D

here is video with fade-in and fade-out on red needles.

Today i modified needles so they are not backlighted with white leds from below. and also i changed resistor so needles are not so bright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOc-MYbJaw

·
Registered
105 Posts
Now i plan to install light sensor in IC because the needles are little pink during the day so i have two scenarios:

1, feed them with higher current (now the needles consume cca 25mA and one can handle 120mA to get 6000mCd)
2, dim them to minimum during the day.

What Do You think?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks,
well good luck :D :D :D

here is video with fade-in and fade-out on red needles.

Today i modified needles so they are not backlighted with white leds from below. and also i changed resistor so needles are not so bright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOc-MYbJaw
i think i want to do this as my first mod, but would like to know how to make fade in/fade out needles? any help would be greatly appreciated! :woot:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks!!!!!!

I hope i will finish next mod with the foto resistor to change the brightness durong the day... i am little bit lazy to think about it :D :D :D well i am old :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have no clue how the LCD works, but I was wondering if color display is white with the orange filter removed? Would it display at all if the filter were replaced with something non-transparent like plain black? I thought it might be cool with white black color combination as I'm going to do white backlighting on the gauges.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Love little changes that make a big difference.

Epic effort dood and wicked write up,I'm gonna order me some White LEDs and get cracking lol

81 - 100 of 530 Posts