BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've followed all the directions on the uuc and herb's DIY's but i've run into a little snag on removing the actual headlight assembly. I've removed all the trim surrounding the light including the two bolts that hold the light in place. According to the directions the light should be able to be slipped out. However, it feels like it's being held by something underneath. Perhaps it's due to the Cold Weather Package washer nozzle underneath.

I've read that i can slip out the headlight without removing the washer nozels by pulling out the washer nozzle while pulling on the headlight. But, the light is still held on by something. Can anyone give me some advice on this? The sooner i get this done the sooner i can get some pics of the UUC GenIV lights online.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
there are four bolts to remove... you have removed the two on top. The one (that you have circled) on the very back of the unit. And located all the way over to the side, near the rad (very low) is the last one... this is the one that i always drop when i take them out!! so be careful...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I just noticed that one w/ the red circle, and i've now removed it. Now i have one more near the center of the car which is REALLY hard to get to, i gotta head to the hardware store to pickup an extension. Thanks.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the headlight out, i didn't remove 1 screw near the radiator which was causing my initial problem. However once i got that screw out, i pulled outwards on the headlight washer and slipped the headlight out no problems. I'll post pics of my install when i'm finished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts