BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to find out if it matters which way I install the 10mm H&R spacers. One side is flat in the middle, while the other is slanted toward the middle.

·
Slow in, slower out
4,753 Posts
?

One side has a protrusion that should fit snugly in the opening in the back side of the wheel. The other side has a hole that should fit snugly over the protrusion on the hub.

Does this make any sense?

Ed

·
Registered
535 Posts
To add to Marks note after you have cleaned up all the rust and debris, apply a thin layer of grease to the hubface which will make contact with the metal of the spacer, and also the lug nuts.
This will help them not to seize up over time.
Otherwise if you have to take off the wheel, you will have to literally kick the wheel out. Very annoying and if ther is any truth to O'Briens law (O'Brien law: Murphy was an optimist) it will happen at the most inappropriate time or place, but wait that is Murphy's law..he..he

·
Banned
1,504 Posts
yea thats weird, my friend was telling me that a reputable tuner wont sell the 10mm cause of some issues, but the 5 and 15 are fine.. weird, i wonder what issues.. maybee cause they arent hubcentric? anyways, 5mm have been awesome to me, love it ! :) and my friend has 15mm with absolutly no problems

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where can I get some grease for the spacers and also what stories have you guys heard about the 10 mm H&R's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts