E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so my body shop is installing a new mtech II kit but when they were going to put the rear they called me and said it doesnt match up. They wanted to aske me what they should do or if I know of any new brackets i can put in place of the stock ones to make the bumper fit properly. (Attached are some pictures).

On my car where the rear bumper mounts there's a plastic mount that has 3 tabs. The mtech rear i have only has one. My stock one has the 3 and i asked if they could remove them but they said they were molded. What do i use? how did you guys do it?

Also in the center the thickness of my original stock bumper is way thinner and slides right into the center mounting plastics on the rear of the car. The mtech II rear I have is to thick and doesnt fit into the mounts of the car. :censor:

WTf happened? is it the wrong bumper? or can i just replace the parts on the car to make the rear fit? All Help appreciated!! Thanks!

IMG00105.jpg

IMG00106.jpg

IMG00108.jpg

IMG00109.jpg

IMG00110.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^Yup

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#7?

I was told I didnt need anything for the rear install only for the front:censor:

·
Invalid User
10,280 Posts
well, if you looks at the brackets.... i doubt they'll fit.

sometimes modding is a headache, but it'll be worth it at the end. gl

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help Devious ... anybody else have some more info? is number 7 in the diagram what im looking for? or is there something else?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
r those the right ones? do u have part nuimbers?I bought the front praface brackets but this is rear, i need the rears too?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts