BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to install the DDE's that i got from UMNITZA tomorrow. is there any info that i should know that will help me install them better/easier??? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks:thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
BiMMeR323ci2000 said:
i am going to install the DDE's that i got from UMNITZA tomorrow. is there any info that i should know that will help me install them better/easier??? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks:thumbup:
I am going to assume you are installing the Lightning~

Only advice I can give is that you really have to becareful with the rings... They are extremely fragile... try to fit it in your desired position when clipping them on... trying to make adjustments while they are clipped can cause stress on the bulbs and crack them.
Also, I didn't read the directions in detail enough to notice that you are only supposed to fit the ring 1 notch on the HID low beam side. I tried pushing it to the second notch and ended up breaking them. :sad:
Anyways, it's a fairly simple install once you get the hang of it... fishing the wires through was easier than I expected as well.

All the tools I needed were in the trunk tool kit (except a scissor to cut the wire loom.) :)

Good luck~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, very very fragile. I broke one of mine too. Found out that my high beam has an angled reflector, and you're supposed to have one clip on the first locking position and the other clip on the second. Well, I had both on the second position, so decided to move it back one, thats when it broke. :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
i broke mine too...send an electronic mail to umnitza (matt) he is the man with a plan...he got the hook up... he's tha shiz aite.

·
-not a mod-
31,652 Posts
Broke mine too trying to get it to the second clip on my xenons. I guess thats why its included in the instructions NOW. O well cant wait to get my replacements in, hopefully I have mail today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts