E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm installing an angel lights on my 2003 325ci and I've already Installed the relay and connected the angles to it to see it worked. It work great at first but when I had one of the trigger wires atattched to the parking light after I passed it through the glove compartment, nothing works now! Is it the 5 amp fuse that blew?? Everything else seems like has power coming to it!! Trigger wire is tapped into the brown and purple wire inside!!! Pls help!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
PArking light?

I thought you tapped into the glove box light (at least thats what i did)
I have the other harness running to the electric-wire-box (whatever the hell its called)

As far as i know, you can have one or the other or both.

Are you sure you are tapping the right wires?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It's tapped into the brown and purple wire? I only tapped the purple one not the brown wire. Maybe that's ur problem?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well all I saw was two wires leading to the little light under the glove compartment on the passenger side and one of the cable was half brown and half purple!! Is that the right one?? I don't know if that is the only one I'm suppost to tap into or both, I'm confused!!!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Oh ok, thought u meant you tapped into both wires connected to the footwell light. There's an all brown one and a second one. Ur supposed to tap into the second one. Did u follow a DIY or did u just hook it up the way u thought it went? I'll post a link for the DIY I followed. Try and retrace ur steps and check if u did everything accordingly.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright so it looks like it suppost to be the red one!!! thats where the problem is cause i tapped into the brown and purple and blew my relay fuse, im going to give it a try and see if that works, i'll post some pics once its done!!! thanks for the support!! props

1 - 13 of 13 Posts