BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DIY? I looked through some threads here and Googled it, but didn't see great info. How easy is it?

You need a 10 Amp battery charger apparently?

Better to have a shop do it maybe? Doesn't seem like it's worth the labor even my mechanic will charge.

I could just buy a battery charger...

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
:blah: You need to have a battery charger or have a shop do it with a battery charger, its an extremely simple installation but don't attempt it without a battery charger, the installation process will drain your battery without a charger. I have a Jim Conforti Shark Injector on my bimmer. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:woot:

·
Sienna Red Coupe
6,602 Posts
The instructions that come with the shark injector are very detailed as to what to do. Follow them carefully.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I have a good mechanic who reduces the labor charges but it still costs! I think I will just price 10Amp chargers as it can't hurt to have one around anyway...

I'm going to do the intake ths week. Then the Shark.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can hook it up to a car like you were jumping it off as well. Just leave the other car running. I have done both methods and they will work. Just follow the instructions and enjoy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like you can get a quality charger for about $80-90 so I might just do that. That is something I will undoubtedly use again.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
You can hook it up to a car like you were jumping it off as well. Just leave the other car running. I have done both methods and they will work. Just follow the instructions and enjoy.
good idea

1 - 9 of 9 Posts