BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine is 2001 325ci. I recieved the JC intake from koperformance this afternoon and did the install in the evening.
Well, it is a ***** to install this thing.... i dunno why people say it is a 30 mins job.... it looks pretty easy, but i think for 325/330, the hole in the heat shield is far too small for the air duct and it is almost impossible to attach them together. I cut my hand when doing this part (when trimming the hole on the heat shield)... :mad: btw, it took me an hour to connect them. :banghead:
the installation instruction says attach the air duct before installing the heat shield. But i found it easier to do the heat shield first. (yes, i removed it after an hour fighting to fit it in..... :mad: )
i dun wanna deal with that ****ing air duct again so i juz kinda put them in place ( have a little gap at one side) and slam the hood.
of course, i go for a spin rite after that.
i felt the car a little bit more responsive. Can't really say power gain, maybe i am not that sensitive. And it is not as loud as i expected. But that's gd cuz i dun wan my gf to know i did an upgrade :D I can't compare the sound with other brand, cuz i never heard of any.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Man u cant post things like this without pics:banghead: Enjoy the intake

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Your performance will improve over several hundred miles

Basically, the computer will incrementally make short term changes which will update the long term performance of the car. So don't expect immediate return.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Your performance will improve over several hundred miles

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
Basically, the computer will incrementally make short term changes which will update the long term performance of the car. So don't expect immediate return.
I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me! :thumbup:

·
Registered
848 Posts
What are your other impressions?

Are you happy with the looks?

Do you think the fitment is good?

I was worried that the hood seal wouldn't isolate the heat shield well enought.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I have been thinknig about getting the same intake. Sux that the install is a *****. Post pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will post pics and a better review after the holiday :)

but after driving another day, i can say I really feel some gain. But for the sound, besides the 'hiss', it is similar to the stock...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts