BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So for $80 I bought an E46 alarm off ebay. Tilt sensor, interior sensor, and siren (what a b*tch to get that heat shield off!) all wired in. I bought PA soft on Amazon, installed on my XP Virtual Machine and coded my car (checked "DWA, interior sensor, and tilt sensor), and activated some other features I've been wanting while I was in there (which work). I tested the interior sensor and tilt sensor, both of which work. Lights flash on panic, lock, and unlock. Only problem is in all scenarios, the siren won't go off!

I contacted the seller and asked for a refund after telling him my issue (making sure I slid into that 14 day return :D ). Instead, he apologized and sent me a second siren, which came in the mail today. Me and my friend are going to somehow get back behind that heat shield again and swap them out and see if it was the alarm or if I'm off. Based on everything I've said, is there any reason I wouldn't hear it? I've searched around, but most posts are about people who had the alarm and who no longer hear it. I have everything checked in the right column under DWA. Everything!!! Well, except the interior sensor, rear.

I feel really silly that I can't figure this out. Computers are my thing, but cars aren't. Considering most of this was computer related, I feel like amateur hour over here! Hoping if I have more minds looking at this, that someone else will see it more clearly? I'll update this on the siren swap tomorrow, but wanted some things I should troubleshoot while I'm in there.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
is your hood switch working correctly? open your hood, hold it down and see if it works.

When you lock the car, how does the clown nose flash?

also, you should be able to pull codes for the EWS (i think) that should show you if the alarm is throwing any codes

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is your hood switch working correctly? open your hood, hold it down and see if it works.

When you lock the car, how does the clown nose flash?

also, you should be able to pull codes for the EWS (i think) that should show you if the alarm is throwing any codes
I'm pretty sure it works. I'll try when I leave class. The car nose does blink and light up and such. What's EWS responsible for? I only messed with the ZKE system

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well good news! Luckily, the replacement siren worked. Turns out I did everything alright. The heat shield (which I now see isn't a heat shield) was easy to remove because the plastic that made it hard to pull out was hot from the engine and pretty bendable! Beeps on lock and unlock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts