BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, one of the boys just got one of these badboys and was looking to install it. I was just wondering if any of you geeks with the know-how would be willing/able to lend a hand with the process?

·
Registered
974 Posts
I posted a thread last year showing how to remove the Mk IV Nav unit to add an aux input. Would that be of any help? I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a straight swap with the Mk IV, although I haven't done one myself. HTH.

·
Registered
97 Posts
ill try to find you the youtube video that helped me with it , the guy is an indian i think teaching how to put it in its pretty much plug and play

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
if he has the business CD, as stated it a straight swap. if he had nav previously (or just TV), he'll need the 5M fakra cable to connect everything to the boot. its easy to get the factory deck out successfully. ive done it, so anyone can do it!!

if hes not confident, py the $70 to get it installed (or $150 if everythings in the boot)

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys, do you know of any shops that have done them before? Or is anyone able to say give us a hand coz we have NO idea!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, do you know of any shops that have done them before? Or is anyone able to say give us a hand coz we have NO idea!
FHRX studios in caringbah installed my one, and i had the OEM nav unit, so it is harder than just with the business cd. they did an awesome job. they handle all my car audio install now.........

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
^ Not essential, but required for best results...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts