E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Car Audio Nut
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm using the rear deck panel as the trim piece for the subs and coaxials. I used the grills for the 6 1/2's because the grill for the 4's looked out of place next to the grills for the 10's. The grills will be molded into the rear deck and painted the same color as my silver trim.

Attachments

·
Car Audio Nut
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I applied Fiberglass resin to the whole rear deck to give it some strength and help the filler bond to the rear deck. The pictures of my doors and trunk will follow so stay tuned. I have to take the doors off again as I forgot to take pictures since I didn't really know at the time that people were that interested in getting the 6 1/2's in the doors.

Stan C.

Attachments

·
yo mama
1,566 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I have an air tool question Stan.

I am going to get a small 5gallon compressor & some airtools. I am planning to get CH inline air filter & inline lubricator to keep the tools oiled.. this this enough?

Also I understand that you must keep them well oiled, but im only an occasional user, maybe even only a few times a year, if that... will my tools get messed up, just sitting there??

·
Car Audio Nut
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We usually put a few drops of lubricant in after each use so they get lubricated the next time we use them. The tools we don't use very often we try to at least run air/lubricant through them at once a month to keep them running smoothly when we do need them. I'm thinking the inline lubricator is ovekill for an ocassional user. The air filter is a must since the condensation from the compressor will kill tools that sit to long.

Stan C.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts