E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is done in inspection ll ... i need inspection ll done soon but want to see if is worth bringing it in to the dealer ... it will cost $800 CDN

·
Registered
306 Posts
i am not sure about the inspection II details, but I know that you can save money by doing only what is necessary. On my old car the dealer did all kinds of useless things i do myself normally, like checking wipers, signals, etc which cost a good amount when added since they are labor charges too. They have a check list at the dealer, ask to see it and ask to take out what you can do yourself.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
$800CAD is better than $800USD they typically ask for here, but it can be a DIY if one's handy.

·
Registered
437 Posts
my dealership

here asked me for 1300 for inspection II and my car is not even due. i looked at the list and took it to my local guy here and he checked everything for under $300. stealerships... :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I took my car to the dealer for Insp. 2.

For your $800 they take a good look at your car and compile a list of recommended fix-its.

My SA called me to explain the "issues". (IMO) The severity of the problems were exaggerated, and I was encouraged to allow them to do some of the work. $1500 later I got my car back. As I was driving away I noticed my CEL on. wasn't on when I dropped it off. Had to go back the next day.

If I could do it again I would have gone to my trusted 'import' mechanic and talked with him about it (as suggested above). Dealer charged me $100 to replace a hose clamp!

I have still not repaired many of the items on their list and the car runs great!
However if had a warranty or was planning to sell I'd bite the bullet. As a good service record is valuable paper.

All fluid flush and fills and any maintenance is extra $$$.

Although its not advertised, Insp. 2 includes a complementary wallet vacuuming.

J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts