BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a quote from East Bay BMW in Pleasanton for an Inspection II, they told me it is roughly around $925, but it'll only be $825 if I have a coupon. From looking at some posts, Inspection II is very similar to Inspection I. Fellas, please advised. Anyhow, I am going to Southern California later this month and I contacted BMW of Riverside, they told me they'd do it for $399. I intend to keep my car and not sell it, is this Inspection II really improtant. I do my regular oil changes at 7500 miles and brakes, currently I have 61,000 miles on my 1999 323i. Let me know, maybe somebody in the bay area can help me out looking at all the things that are required by Inspection II. Lastly, how would you reset the the mileage (counting down for Oil Changes and Inspections), do I need to take it into the dealer? Thanks ahead for your time!:dunno:

·
Spider bite victim #1
205 Posts
Not to change the topic of this thread, but I was wondering if you're a 2001 owner, is your car under warranty for Inspection I? I have about 23,000 miles right now and I'm wondering if I should take my car in for its first inspection. Also wondering if I have to cough up the $$ for it as well.

TIA.

·
Registered
59 Posts
$925/825 sounds way too expensive even for a dealership! Now $399 is more like it....actually that's pretty cheap!

Have you thought of going to a non-dealer BMW-only service shop? I did my Inspection I at Ray's Ultimate in Santa Clara (advertised in Roundel magazine) and liked their price and service. www.raysultimate.com

Do a search on this forum and you'll find other recommended non-dealer shops in the Bay Area. Another one that comes to mind is www.rennworks.com and South Bay Motor Works (also advertised in Roundel) although I haven't tried either of these.

·
Registered
395 Posts
323ibaby said:
Just got a quote from East Bay BMW in Pleasanton for an Inspection II, they told me it is roughly around $925, but it'll only be $825 if I have a coupon. From looking at some posts, Inspection II is very similar to Inspection I. Fellas, please advised. Anyhow, I am going to Southern California later this month and I contacted BMW of Riverside, they told me they'd do it for $399. I intend to keep my car and not sell it, is this Inspection II really improtant. I do my regular oil changes at 7500 miles and brakes, currently I have 61,000 miles on my 1999 323i. Let me know, maybe somebody in the bay area can help me out looking at all the things that are required by Inspection II. Lastly, how would you reset the the mileage (counting down for Oil Changes and Inspections), do I need to take it into the dealer? Thanks ahead for your time!:dunno:
bro, u are gettin raped anally raw and hardcore..it should be around $400-$500:thumbup: http://www.bimmerzone.com/inspection.htm

·
Registered
168 Posts
i033Nai said:
Not to change the topic of this thread, but I was wondering if you're a 2001 owner, is your car under warranty for Inspection I? I have about 23,000 miles right now and I'm wondering if I should take my car in for its first inspection. Also wondering if I have to cough up the $$ for it as well.

TIA.
I just had my Inspection I done for my '01 330ci just this monday at Stevens Creek. It was completely covered under warranty and SC also gives you a loaner when you take it in (they usually don't give loaners for normal service work). Had a '02 5 series with only 1,700 miles on it. :thumbup: So you should definitely take it in for your first inspection.

·
Spider bite victim #1
205 Posts
Joe,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I usually take my car in at Stevens Creek BMW. Sometimes I get good service, sometimes bad. My last service visit was OK, even though I didn't get a loaner. Had to replace my clutch pedal because it was making popping and squeaking noises. Looks like I'll be making a call to them and book an appointment.

By the way, what kind of service do they do for Inspection I? Is oil change included? Replacing break pads?

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
Inspection I - you should still be covered by warranty (if under 33K miles).

Inspection II - expect to dish out some $$$ (around the 60K mile mark). Prices may vary where you are.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That sounds high for an Inspection II. What it consists of is: and oil/filter change, micro filter change, air filter, top off fluids, check brakes, lubes seals, check tires, the techs do lots of inspecting of the car or atleast they are suppose to. I personally would ask how much for a fuel filter change. I don't see how it can last 100,000 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts