E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno: Hey Guys,

thanks for this wonderful forum, my car, 2002 330 CV, is due for 30000 M inspection, so i called BMW Ganley in cleveland, Ohio to schedule an appt. .
the service manager tells me that it is inspection I again and not Inspection II as i thought, he said that BMW just extended the inspection II to 60000 M.
I am sure i did inspection I at 15000M, he told me it was just an oil change??!
is this true, please advice.
also which dealership is better, ganley BMW, Classic BMW or solon BMW
:dunno:
Thanks..

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
mdshahed said:
:dunno: Hey Guys,

thanks for this wonderful forum, my car, 2002 330 CV, is due for 30000 M inspection, so i called BMW Ganley in cleveland, Ohio to schedule an appt. .
the service manager tells me that it is inspection I again and not Inspection II as i thought, he said that BMW just extended the inspection II to 60000 M.
I am sure i did inspection I at 15000M, he told me it was just an oil change??!
is this true, please advice.
also which dealership is better, ganley BMW, Classic BMW or solon BMW
:dunno:
Thanks..

15K oil change
30K inspection I
45K oil change
60K inspection II

then it follows that formula from there.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
RacerX said:
I didn't think that was a set formula, as the newer BMW's they adjust themselves based upon your driving habits, highway/city miles, etc.

well it's not exact and if you do several track days the mile before service will decrease faster. but that is generally correct.

·
Registered
429 Posts
notE46 said:
well it's not exact and if you do several track days the mile before service will decrease faster. but that is generally correct.

Could this be why my miles until service says 400 miles when I only have 25,XXX miles on the car? or did the previous owner get the oil changed before 15K therefore bringing down the next service date?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
KtecR said:
Could this be why my miles until service says 400 miles when I only have 25,XXX miles on the car? or did the previous owner get the oil changed before 15K therefore bringing down the next service date?

either one can be the reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.