BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes i have searched but didn't quite find what i was looking for.

Right now i've been looking at some different combos. Pretty much i have about $3500 to use for upgrades for my M3. However, about 900 is going to exterior mods. (Tint, lip spoiler, GTR hood)

Leaving me with around $2600 for exhaust.

I was hoping some people could help me with making these decisions:

-Borla V2 x-pipe vs. SS resonated x-pipe (want to lower the rasp a bit)

-Top Speed Header...does it actually sound like the SS header? For such a low price vs SS i'm really curious)

-What about going for just the HPF ti exhaust? I've seen a few videos on youtube, etc. of it and it seems to sound pretty good, but i was hoping i could get some input from people who have heard it in person.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Scorza exhaust goes for 1695, but I think it sounds amazing.
Just keep in mind that most of that amazing sound is due to the CSL intake. You can find videos of the Scorza exhaust without the CSL intake and it unfortunately doesn't sound quite as impressive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the one in that video...but yeah it has the CSL airbox which is another huuuge chunk of change which i do not have right now haha....

What's anybody's thoughts of this combo?:

HPF TI Exhaust
Dual AR20 Resonator
Supersprint x-pipe w/ valvetronic

I like the sound of the HPF exhaust but its a bit loud for daily driving, i figure the resonators would tone down the noise level a bit?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Here's what you could do. Go here and listen to the mufflers;
http://www.klangford.com/

Pick a couple that you like.

Google those mufflers and listen to the videos. (make note of all and any mods to the car) The sound quality of most videos is poor, so bear that in mind.

Then visit your regional forum and try to meet with fellow M3 owners with a similar setup that you like.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
i'll say this over and over agsain. I have never heard a better sound than headers(any kind, i had ebay ones) no cats, Borla V2 mid pipe., and a Rogue Engineering El Diablo street muffler. Pretty loud when you jumped on it. Starts out nice and low and burbling and builds to an F1 scream. No rasp. Zero.
Much quieter with cats. Pretty tame. Very very refined sound like Italian Exotic.

Once i got the cats removed and the headers, I would get guys at almost every stop light give a thumbs up. it sounds that good. Drone on long trips? Yes, but tolerable. Nothing that will drive you nutz.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I have topspeed, if youre going to get topspeed make sure you get the real thing and not the ebay knock-offs. As far as the sound goes, its deep and loud but still retains the rasp I enjoy. Everyone that hears it says it sounds aggressive over the stock sound. Supersprint Race is also another really good muffler for this car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts