E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2000 323i
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2000 323i with the 20 pin under hood connector, which I know needs to be connected to diagnose anything other than DME. I have a DCAN cable with the switch and a 20 pin OBD adapter.

The cable reads under the hood ACS SRS when it is switched on either side to bridge pin 7/8. I cleared my airbag codes. I mean I'm not complaining, but thats odd. I switched to the other side, and still would read. I can read DME from under the dash in either position as well. Possible that previous owner bridged it in the 20 pin port under the hood? Or the cable switches but is stuck on bridged.

It's an amazon cable 馃槙

Thoughts?

Registered
2000 323i
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick google search, they all look like that. Not sure why some pins have sleeves and other don't, but oh well.

I think the cable is stuck to 7-8 bridge despite the switch moving back and forth....

Registered
330ci Coupe 6MT
Looks like you don't have a pin 8? So it wouldn't matter if your cable had pins 7 and 8 bridged or not.

My old 328i had a pre-OBDII circular connector like that, but I didn't get into coding and doing my own diagnostics until I got the 330. So I don't know how they were wired but WDS would tell us.

Registered
2000 323i
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant the cable鈥檚 OBD connector, not the car鈥檚.
And yes, I suspect the cable鈥榮 OBD connector is wired incorrectly.
Lol. What would we do without the admins.

From the outside doesn't look like it.

It would make sense if they bridged it internally. Doesn't all the 20 pins need to be bridged? So why do it at the obd. Makes sense to do it at the 20 pin.

Heres the cable: Goliton OBD OBD2 16 Pin Connector Diagnostic Adapter Compatible with BMW 20 Pin https://a.co/d/5zTVJ2r

1 - 7 of 7 Posts