E46 Fanatics Forum banner

$%*#ing kids...rant

3K views 41 replies 25 participants last post by  AUSS1E 
#1 ·
Hanging out at my parents place after work and my sister comes in the door saying some guys were just scoping out my car and looking in the windows. Well now there's two teenagers with the local police departments looking for them for the rest of the night. ****ing kids...

This is why I always lock my doors with the key fob, no one is using those door handles to gain access into the car.

#4 ·
Yeah I was pleased with the response time too. No more than five minutes later and there were two patrol cars from one department and one from another. Plus I was ticked so I drove around as well since I grew up here I know where everything is. Will they find them? Probably not but at least they came through.

#15 ·
...You called the cops because someone was looking into your car? Is that even a crime? And what does "This is why I always lock my doors with the key fob, no one is using those door handles to gain access into the car" mean? What difference does it make how you lock the door?

#16 ·
when you lock the car with the key fob, all of the door handles are inactive. set a friend in your car and try it.

a crime? no. gray area? yes. looking into someone else vehicle on their property at night time and then running off when noticed.

#25 ·
I feel blessed. I live in the Hills of Byron Bay, Australia (my place in the pic) It is just a rural area, not particularly wealthy or exclusive. We have not locked our house or cars in 10 years. So far no problem. I am so grateful that we no longer live in the city.

#35 ·
Normally you can tell when someone's looking in your car if there admiring it or there seeing what you have to take,
I enjoy visiting my cousin cause someone always looks into my car as they walk by and I'm patiently waiting looking out the house window so I can set the alarm off for fun. They seam to walk faster like they did something to set it off or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.