BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im an amature to ecu upgrades and ive been hoping to put in a new ecu into my 1999 323i. Money isn't a big object as long as it doesn't cost me a small fortune, I'm basically looking for the most bang for the buck and i was hoping someone could help me from previous knowledge and point me in the right direction on what kind of ecu i should try. Thanks

·
Registered
14,800 Posts
shark injector's are the most common quick DME upgrade but there are more indepth one's that require you to remove your DME (engine computer) and send it to the manufacturer to have it redone. there are several companies you can choose from and they all more or less do the same thing just do a search and you'll fund them. also check our sponsor's

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
I would also look into our Speed Innovation ECU Tuning Software. The advantage to this retune over other simple piggy back systems is that we can change a variety of parameters including throttle maps, torque maps, rev limiter, timing and top speed limiter to produce more power and better torque throughout the band. You don't get the peakiness at the top of the range but rather a nice steady pull. I have this on my own car and can honestly say it's worth the upgrade. If not for the nice kick in power in all gears, then for the improved throttle response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts