E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
ACS and Hamann mutt!!!
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right this happened a few days after the storm. A few days ants start crawling around the right side of the engine bay where there is that empty space. I killed most of them and then the next day, they start appearing along the passenger side of the railing. They seem to be in the window trim because I see them coming out of there by the swarm. What can i do to get rid of them?

·
unregistered user
793 Posts
Is there some garbage or something up in there? They wouldn't be there if they didnt have something there to eat I think...who knows??? :dunno: Sucks dude...

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
If I were you, I would take my car through a carwash and then drive on the freeway at 100mph. That should get most of the ants off your car.

·
ACS and Hamann mutt!!!
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've tried the ant baits but they arent goin for it even when I place it near them. I already washed my car and after they're still there. I've just killed most of them along the railings. Is there any way to kill them inside the rubber trim inside?

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
Try to kill them with massive amounts of soap water. As for the ones stuck inside the rubber trim, try using raid. If you need to, block off the surfaces with newspaper and masking tape to protect your paint from the raid. After spraying, you should immediately wipe off the raid to avoid any long term effects it may have on the rubber.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Here's the most effective way I've found for dealing with ants. Go get some of that ant trap stuff where they eat it and carry the poison back to their buddies at home. To make this stuff work really well, put a nice little piece of meat on it. Then find the point where they seem to be coming from (like a hole in the wall or something like that). Put the steak and poison setup there and in about an hour, they will pour out like mad and start feasting. Works great if you can set it up so they don't end up walking halfway across your room to get to the food. In about a day or two, they'll pretty much disappear.

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
RE:

topazmania said:
Here's the most effective way I've found for dealing with ants. Go get some of that ant trap stuff where they eat it and carry the poison back to their buddies at home. To make this stuff work really well, put a nice little piece of meat on it. Then find the point where they seem to be coming from (like a hole in the wall or something like that). Put the steak and poison setup there and in about an hour, they will pour out like mad and start feasting. Works great if you can set it up so they don't end up walking halfway across your room to get to the food. In about a day or two, they'll pretty much disappear.
If you are on a budget, you can substitute the steak with a lollipop (you must lick it first) or a dead grasshopper.

·
ACS and Hamann mutt!!!
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They now seem to be popping out of everywhere from the air vents to the seats since I killed most of them from the railing site. What can I do to just make them leave my damn car. :ben: :ben:

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
are you parking your car inside or out?
have you tried parking in a different spot?

and now if they are coming out of the vents, dont turn the air up too high. they might start spraying out at you.
:eeps:

·
TX Dinan 3
796 Posts
damn bro sounds like a bad sit. good luck with getting them out of there, check for food or something in the car, one of the reasons i dont eat or drink in mine

·
Registered
39 Posts
:yikes: :yikes:

I couldn't believe this when I first read it...why are the ants infesting the car? Seems that if they didn't have anything to eat, they wouldn't stay?

:dunno: :dunno:

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
2,372 Posts
Did you drop a bag of skittles somewhere in the car?? I've never heard anything like this! Coming out the vents??? Now thats infestation. Are you sure these weren't planted there by a 350z or Mercedes driver that lives near you? :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Stop them before they drive your car away.....

I had a friend that had a swarm of ants actually start a colony in his fender (Camry, so it's OK):rolleyes: He used to park his car in the same spot everyday so when he came home the workers would just pick up where they left off. I was in the car with him once and all these ants were crawling over me:sad: We pulled into a parking lot at the Spectrum and started digging them out, there were THOUSANDS, it was sick. We left a few thousand in the parking lot, bought some Raid to kill most of them. We had to take a pressure washer into the fender to clean it out. Make sure you use a blower of something to completely dry it out, because it water or moisture that they like to live near. You got to get to the source probably near where you park...SEEK THEM OUT AND DESTROY THEM

Dr Phibes

1 - 20 of 25 Posts