BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good indy BMW shop in the Poughkeepsie area? As I've seen posted elsewhere, the local dealer's (Hudson Valley) service department is awful and I refuse to go back there and pay premium prices for sub-par service :banghead:

Just looking for a reliable local shop for maintenance stuff I don't have the time or inclination to do myself.

Anybody?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
there is a decent place on washignton street in poughkeepsie, nice to see fellow fanatics up in this part of the woods, i hate the bmw stealer up here they are scumbags and dont know how to treat their customers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Started this thread a few months ago.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=418901

Have not tried the shop yet, but plan to use them for everything except the warranty maintanence work on my 3 BMWs. I got several private messages recommending this place.

Let me know how you make out with them or if you find another shop worth recommending.

I can give you about 2 hours of stories on my (bad) experiences with Dutchess BMW. Repair quality is good, the mechanics are top notch....it's everything else about dealing with them that sucks big time. I had the worst buying experience ever in my life with....spent 4 hours on the phone with BMW NA the day after I picked up the X3, outlining just how bad the experience was. The owner of Dutchess BMW called me to accuse me of ruining his reputation and telling me that he saw no reason to help resolve me issues because of what I did to his business by complaining the BMW NA.....talk about arrogance and lack of care for customers. I ended paying for some accessories that were listed on the bill of sale, but not in the final invoice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about Dr. K's in Beacon that somebody listed in the other thread, or the place on Washington St. in Pok that lennon31987 mentioned?

As far as BMWHV is concerned, I found their service department to be completely inept and the management shameless. In one instance, after repeated attempts to fix a door alignment problem that THEY caused while trying to correct a problem with the window (which they never actually fixed), the helpful GM suggested I take the car back where I bought it and see if they could fix HIS SERVICE DEPARTMENT'S MISTAKE. So I took it down to Westchester BMW and they fixed it within an hour. Turned out the window problem was just a loose regulator that HV failed to diagnose (unbelievable!) and they had attempted to compensate by moving the door hinges! In another case they told me that I needed to replace the door seal ($400+) to eliminate a leak that I later discovered was coming from the windshield edge. A $3 tube of silicone windshield sealant took care of that one. The door seal was (and still is) fine. That was 3 years ago and I haven't been back since.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Dr K's.....that's the one. I have heard many good things about this shop, but have no personnal experience with them yet.

BMWHV......yea, only warranty work and only because I live 15 minutes away and every other shop is 45+ min each way. I just don't have the time. Anything out of warranty is going to Dr K's at this point. I have not had a poor service experience, but it nothing you said surprises me from that bunch.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
heres my mid hudson valley bmw story

2 months ago we purchased a brand new m6 on spec. the car is for my father but he had nothing to do with the purchase, i made all of the phone calls, met the dealer and the owner and everybody, he made an appearance to pick up the car only, everything went through me. they thanked me so much for buying it yadadadadad. I took my m3 in for service for a headlight that went out. They wouldnt give me a loaner car even though i had purchased the most EXPENSIVE car they had on spec. they also gave me a hard time because i was asking for a loaner. they told me my module was fried although the light had come back on by itself and it would be 900. they then told me my cluthc was fried and it was 1350 for a new stock cluthc and 2800 with the flywheel. they are absolute *******s and i wrote a letter to the owner that i personally met and never got a response. F*ck them. i love rallye bmw's service department, always helpful and nice to their customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts