E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. I have a 2001 e46 330i. im thinking abt doing induction on it. will it make any diff to it. some people say its mostly a diff to the sound on the car but the manufacturers claim a few kW'S and smoother throttle response. any info would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you're talking any kind of performance intake, that alone will not make much of a difference maybe other than sound. This combined with other things like headers, cams, or exhaust give performance gains, but you will hardly notice with only an intake.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,645 Posts
hi. I have a 2001 e46 330i. im thinking abt doing induction on it. will it make any diff to it. some people say its mostly a diff to the sound on the car but the manufacturers claim a few kW'S and smoother throttle response. any info would be much appreciated thanks
Read a ton about anything before deciding you can make your BMW better. There are many unanticipated consequences to just slapping a different part in. All I've read saying there's what you have or the BMW perf. intake...and also, from what I've read, you will only notice if you do lots of other stuff...and then, you might build up another little bit of modest hp.

I'm conservative with regards engineering automobiles. I think that since I'm not as knowledgeable as the BMW engineers, I should defer to their decisions.

Intake? Just get a really good one designed for the car. I'm not liking the CAI so much, I have to say, nor KnN reusable filters all based on what I've read here.

If you're looking into intakes, be sure to study until you start to hear vacuum leaks in your head.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Read a ton about anything before deciding you can make your BMW better. There are many unanticipated consequences to just slapping a different part in. All I've read saying there's what you have or the BMW perf. intake...and also, from what I've read, you will only notice if you do lots of other stuff...and then, you might build up another little bit of modest hp.

I'm conservative with regards engineering automobiles. I think that since I'm not as knowledgeable as the BMW engineers, I should defer to their decisions.

Intake? Just get a really good one designed for the car. I'm not liking the CAI so much, I have to say, nor KnN reusable filters all based on what I've read here.

If you're looking into intakes, be sure to study until you start to hear vacuum
leaks in your head.
Doug always manages to come in and lay it down. Me, I keep it simple because I don't know much but try my best to help.

I spend hours reading about so many things on this forum that I will probably
never do to my car. However there have been instances where bits of info have saved me in trouble shooting a problem. So read up!

You wouldn't want someone to take your daughter out and touch her precious things without knowing a thing about this person or how he might affect her would you?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Fuck I thought this was gonna be a forced induction vs n/a thread :facepalm:

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
**** I thought this was gonna be a forced induction vs n/a thread :facepalm:

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App
As did I. I was about to say, "Uh... there are some MAJOR differences between naturally aspirated and forced induction. Like... you'll piss on an M3's parade difference."

I want Technique Tuning's Stage 2 turbo kit. :drool:

http://youtu.be/tGuPDYN_Iys

·
Registered
10 Posts
for your 2001 e46 330I theres many options, but like these guys said you need to becarful, you cant just buy some ebay or craigslist unit and exspect it to work and be just fine. it doesnt work like that and you will casue some damage in doing so. This is what i recommend!
THIS IS THE PROPER WAY TO DO IT
-The intake, http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D760-0002-High-Flow-Intake-System.aspx#page=1
-The Software, http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D903-3032-Stage-2-Engine-Software.aspx#page=1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
These two products will make a difference not only that you can hear but performance wise too, it also moves the rev limiter to 8K. DINAN certifies these products, they put the time into these products to make sure you cannot hurt your vehicle!
Your other options are..
Dragon Intakes, not recommended but its your choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.