E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

a little background:

i've got a 2003 325ci that i bought in october of that year. i lowered it a week a week later with RD sport springs, put on some RD sways and slapped on 18 inch SSRs. kept the stock shocks. I've driven it 70k miles like that. not a single problem. the only thing i've changed is tires, three times.

the suspension has recently started to creak and clunk while driving over uneven pavement, particulalry in DC. handling has gotten a bit sloppy, too.

i figure it's time for new shocks and control arms, right? anything else I should look for? I checked the subframe and everything looked fine (thank god.)

also, can anyone recommend a shop to install the shocks and control arms? anyone know what I should expect to pay?

I've had a lot of work done at curry's over the past seven years to other bimmers (including the dreaded money shift on a 97 M3, but I digress). always been happy with their work. but, as many of you know, they tend to be pricey.

thanks for your thoughtful advice.

·
Registered
931 Posts
You might want to check out RRT (Road Racing Technologies). They are located near Curry's. The problems that you describe might only require replacing the control arms and the bushings rather than the shocks too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts