BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the type 44's w\225/45/17 I wanted to know how I can improve my cornering is a wider tire going to help me, I have sport suspension, and what tire do you recomend right now I have nt-450 now

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,705 Posts
Sway bars will help a lot! even on stock tires.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but I live in New York the roads are not the greatest and we also get rain, snow and ice. What would be a better tire in all weather high performance. So your saying 235/40/17's(all around) would help me the best

lilherc79: I already have the bigger sway bar from BMW b\c I have the sport susp.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,189 Posts
i will give you a few ideas that work

get so3 tires then if you drop your car with coil overs go for corner ballancing that will help alot.
then you could get front and back cross braces to make your car more rigid. that works good to and if you want get sway bars to helps

but if you want the basic stuff just get the so3 tires and a back cross brace those two things would help your handerling the most i think. and if you get coilovers go for the corner balancing they work together you could have that done in long island near exit 46s on the LIE if you want to get the cross ballacing send me a private message and i will give you the shop phone and address
good luck and maybe i will meet you sometime in the future and one of the meets in long island.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
You'll see only a slight improvement if you stick to an all season tire. The best handling A/S tires in the 235/40R17 are the P7000 Super Sport and the Sumitomo HTR+.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Bimmer150 said:
lilherc79: I already have the bigger sway bar from BMW b\c I have the sport susp.
I think he was referring to aftermarket sways, such as RD and UUC. You'll feel a dramatic improvement with those, if you autocross or track your car.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Gary,

It seems that your guys rate the Pirelli Pzero Nero AS as a better all around tire than the P7000SS. I don't like the P7000 as they are too loud.
I'm surprised you recommended the P7000 and Sumitomo HTR+
as both the Pzero and Continental Extreme all seasons rate better.

TT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts