BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another custom project from Impressive Auto Center

A vehicle BMW did not make.

Members have been asking for the longest for this swap and we are proud to present you with this swap.

We have been supporting the community and e46fanatics for a long time. We are here for ALL of your custom needs.

Please share your future ideas with us because we can make it happen.

These are some pictures of the vehicle that did the swap and a quick video clip.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Looks great. Good job.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i wonder how this will drive....if it doesnt have front and rear active differentials, the rwd would be a better drive

·
Registered
87 Posts
Swap was not easy at all, yes it is 6 speed & ill post more pics and videos as time progresses. As far as the transfer case it has been modified, so are the axles all around. Which was the first question raised if the XI can hold the power of the M3 & I'm proud to say that there were 3 BMW CERTIFIED master Tech's were working on my swap. If anyone wants further info on this swap contact impressive auto center and they will be more than happy to help you out if interested in this swap.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Do you know if HPF's kit will interfere with the additional drivetrain components, ie: turbo placement? Also, any plans on creating an M3 Xi coupe?

·
Registered
273 Posts
If the Xi AWD can handle it this would be amazing for a HPF turbo kit as those cars just can't put their power down properly.

·
Registered
855 Posts
That's pretty cool. The bad part is that the AWD drivetrain puts less power to the ground. Not sure about what the factor is for this car, but the STI I had put out 305 BHP. Stock, to the wheels, it sat at about 240 WHP (more or less a 21% drivetrain loss).

Not so bad in low HP numbers, it sucks when you get bigger numbers.. more lost power to the wheels.

333 BHP = 273 RWHP (18% drivetrain loss)
333 BHP = 263 AWHP (21% drivetrain loss)

More power...
975 BHP = 800 RWHP (18% drivetrain loss)
1012 BHP = 800 AWHP (21% drivetrain loss)

Now, the drivetrains are different (M3 Xi vs STI), but regardless, there is more moving. Therefore there is more power lost.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Another custom project from Impressive Auto Center

A vehicle BMW did not make.

Members have been asking for the longest for this swap and we are proud to present you with this swap.

We have been supporting the community and e46fanatics for a long time. We are here for ALL of your custom needs.

Please share your future ideas with us because we can make it happen.

These are some pictures of the vehicle that did the swap and a quick video clip.

Could this be done with an 2000 323i sedan, rwd?

·
Premium Member
20,930 Posts
kudos, but im not feeling the X5 ride height.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts