E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Benz E Class or the Escalade

• 03 Benz E class

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • 03 Cadillac Escalade

Votes: 10 14.5%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get into something better, logic would be the 3 series but I dont think I'll buy a BMW again due to the ugly design changes so I want either the 03 Benz E class or the 3 Cadillac Escalade. Which one would you guys want?

·
Registered
218 Posts
spubar said:
Im looking to get into something better, logic would be the 3 series but I dont think I'll buy a BMW again due to the ugly design changes so I want either the 03 Benz E class or the 3 Cadillac Escalade. Which one would you guys want?
Get the new E-class, you won't feel comfortable to drive a domestic after driving a German beast.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Whats wrong with your beemer? Well if you got tired of it I can understand. Anyways, besides my e46 I also have a mercedes (ml class though) and a lincoln navigator.
Out of all, the bimmer is my favorite. The mercedes is just not a performance machine, trust me. My parents have the e class 2dr. and its a piece of $hit. And my suv is very nice to drive but its not a everyday car. With gas price at over $2 a gallon, you are going to spend $60 to fill it up every 3 days. Trust me I can tell you from first hand experience.
Overall, I will always stick with bimmers, I think nobody makes a machine of that calliber (unless you go over $$$$).
Personally I dont like the escalade, too many people have it, its totally played out. If I had to choose from them two I would pick the bimmer. But remember those cars cannot really compete with them. If you are really sick with your e46, I would just wait for the next 5 series to come out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
5 series?

Since your thinking of a bigger car how about a 5 series?

Instead of getting a E class I would rather get a 540i. Get a 540i 6 speed. Its a badass car and would woop up on the E Class.

If you wanted to get step. then get the 540i with the M Sport package it looks so badass. It looks just like a M5 and its a pretty fast beast. I say screw the E class and get a M5 or a X5 4.4

Check them out I bet you would love the 540i with M Sport package.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
Something better? hahaahahah....

...and you listed the Cadillac Esacalade? hahahaahahah....OMFG my stomach hurts.....bwauahaahahahahaahahah

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

now that I got that out of my system, if you're so sick of BMW, man I have to tell you, the new C320 comes in stick, and that thing is pretty tight.

just a thought.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
I just went on MBUSA's site and built a C320 Sport Sedan with stick, sunroof, rain sensing wipers, heated seats, lighting package, automatic dimming mirrors, and a 6 disk changer for $39,770. WTF. That's cheaper than what I paid for my car and I didn't even get a cd changer.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If you're tired and fed up with BMW and want something else, please don't b*tch about it and cry about the design in a BMW enthusiast forum. :moon:

·
Registered
949 Posts
I always say as soon as I get bored with my E46, I do the cheapest thing and put in an ESS SC!!

Think you'll be bored with that?!?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Escalades are a joke! Go spend $50K for a dressed up Tahoe that rides like S$#T! Sounds like you just wanna "bling-bling," dawg.

I'd say go with a 5-series too, much more exciting to drive than an E-class...

However, given the choices, I'd go with the E-class hands down.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd like to buy your Hamann eyelids if you plan on selling your car. I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.

Go for the E. Mercedes has the best gadgets on their cars, like Keyless Go. I'd buy a Mercedes just for that.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think you should buy a WRX or WRX STi and save the rest of the money for other stuff. Either mods or non car related... The WRX, while not as refined as a BMW, is very fun to drive. I don't think u'll get bored with it easily...in fact one of the reasons i like is is because it's not refined. Just all out fun. In fact, with the money, buy a WRX and a EVO VIII. Now all you need is a track.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Get the E...it's so much nicer than the escalade. and especially with the increasing gas prices, the E is more economical. I think the E has much more class, too..the escalade's too gaudy IMO

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I am leaning towards the E class. I love the way BMW's ride and feel and believe me, im not bashing BMW. But come on, all the new models look absolutely HORRENDOUS. If the new 5 series was a nice looking car I would jump on it. But BMW is on their way out with their disgusting designs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts