BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin bout gettin this e36(i know not a e36 but o well) 325i for 3k..it has a blown engine...wha do u think...need feedback

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
if the body and interior are in good shape, it would be a hell of a project car... could get an E36 M motor, or even euro motor and it would be a beast. or even if the interior is crap it could be turned into a very quick track car

is it 2 door or 4? i say get it :thumbup:

-brendan

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really..would it be cheaper if it was in good contion..i could always sell wha ever parts from the engine that are good...its a 4 dr i believe..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BAVARIAN323i said:
Why would you buy it unless you want to drop serious $$ into an engine and other mods for it?
cheaper for someone lik me which would be 16 this aprill..but i probly wont get one til next yr..o well

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Get one without a blown engine, it may sound like a steal at that price but once you rebuild everything the costs really add up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jp323i said:
Get one without a blown engine, it may sound like a steal at that price but once you rebuild everything the costs really add up.
so it would be better to buy one wit a good engine for lik 6k but only a 92'? not a 94'

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,327 Posts
yea look for a beemer that you can drive home..94 e36 especially a 325 is a wonderful platform to build on.. 3 k is hard to pass on ..for a beemer..find the going price for a 94 325..and see if you can come out even with installing a m3 motor..if installing a m3 motor(cost&labor)or stock motor comes out exceeding way too much ..forget the idea...02c

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
e30_325_s52 said:
so it would be better to buy one wit a good engine for lik 6k but only a 92'? not a 94'
A 92 w/ a good engine is better than a 94 w/ a blown one imo, besides, they look the same on the outside so there's no real advantage to going w/ the newer model yr.

I see Edmunds listing a E36 92 325 at $7 K on avg from the dealer

As long as you get it w/ the 5-sp manual, you should be content w/ the car's all-around performance. W/ the 4-sp auto, the car is significantly slower.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so u dont think i should get the one for 3k and drop a m3 3.2l in it..or just buy a nice 92 for 6k?..i found one that is nice around here

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
e30_325_s52 said:
so u dont think i should get the one for 3k and drop a m3 3.2l in it..or just buy a nice 92 for 6k?..i found one that is nice around here
In that case, the M3 drop sounds better. As long as there isn't too much to do w/ the 94 car other than the engine, then I'd definitely do a M3 engine drop. :thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jp323i said:

In that case, the M3 drop sounds better. As long as there isn't too much to do w/ the 94 car other than the engine, then I'd definitely do a M3 engine drop. :thumbup:
so which one should i go wit?..the one wit the blown engine and drop the m3 in it?..or the good one for the 6k? thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts